Popularised for its presence in keeping energies clear, and chasing away cheeky spirits or bad vibes, Palo Santo also has its practical uses: it creates a pleasant, fresh smoke which may work in keeping mosquitoes and other flying insects away. Give us a sweet-smelling, natural mozzie repellant over stinky Deet any day!
You might have seen Palo Santo in the form of cut-down sticks, packaged together in a small bundle. It can be used like this for purifying your home or office, cleansing your crystals, and in preparation for meditation.
The product is extracted from the reserve where fallen trees and dead branches are carefully distilled in a process that excludes dangerous chemicals and solvents.
HOW TO USE PALO SANTO
Using Palo Santo is really very simple. You can use it either to clear a space of negative or unwanted energies; for meditation; or for cleansing your crystals.
Cleansing the Home
- Take one stick and light it with a candle, match or lighter.
- Allow the Palo Santo stick to burn for 30 seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out.
- Move around the space in which you wish to clear the energy - be it your bedroom, office, car or your entire home - allowing the smoke to waft around each area.
- As you take the Palo Santo stick into the corners of each room or space you are cleansing, say aloud: "I ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessings".
- A rich smell will fill the air, bringing peace and clarity to the moment.
- Once you feel you have cleansed your space, place the Palo Santo stick in a fireproof bowl and allow the embers to burn out.
- Remember to always exercise care and caution when working with fire.
Creating a Morning Ritual with Palo Santo
- Arise in the morning with intention.
- Light candles and allow some sunlight in.
- Light a stick of Palo Santo and allow it to burn for 30 seconds to 1 minute, before carefully blowing it out.
- Place the Palo Santo in a fireproof bowl.
- Sit quietly for 10 - 15 minutes and focus on your intentions for the day, holding gratitude and thanks in your heart.
- Stretch your arms, legs, hands, feet, neck and back.
- Start your day feeling refreshed and positive!
The Many Benefits of Palo Santo
As you might expect, the list of benefits from using Palo Santo is a long one.
- It's pungent fragrance relieve stress and anxiety
- Palo Santo can help to eliminate headaches and symptoms of the common cold
- Reduces inflammation, asthma, and allergies
- Eases emotional or mental trauma like depression
- You can use it in conjunction with other healing modalities like crystal healing or Reiki
- Deepen your spiritual connection
- Raises your energetic vibration
- Enhances creativity
- Use in massage therapy to relieve pain in the joints and muscles
- Relieve difficult skin conditions and promote healthy skin
- Potential anti-cancer effects
- Calms the immune system
Keep out of reach of children.
Make sure ashes fall on fireproof surfaces, (ashtrays or incense holders).
Never leave burning incense unattended.
Not for human consumption & not tested on animals.